Roast radishes with umami-rich miso butter for a fast side that delivers on flavor.
small to medium radishes with leaves, trimmed and halved (large ones quartered), leaves reserved and washed
unsalted butter, at room temperature
skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
sesame seeds (mix of black and white)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Coat large rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange radishes cut sides down on sheet and drizzle with remaining oil. Roast 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine butter and miso.
- Season salmon with 1/4 teaspoon pepper, then sprinkle with sesame seeds, pressing to adhere.
- Nestle fish among radishes, reduce oven temp to 425°F, and roast until salmon is opaque throughout and radishes are deep golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer salmon plates and transfer radishes to bowl with miso butter (leaving behind any oil). Toss to coat, then fold in 3 cups radish leaves until beginning to wilt. Serve with salmon.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): About 305 calories, 15.5 g fat (5 g saturated), 31 g protein, 365 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber
Did you make this recipe? Comment below!