Fresh thyme, provolone, and ricotta cheeses and a medley of mushrooms make this pie fit for fall.
Cornmeal, for baking sheet
Flour, for surface
16- to 18-oz ball pizza dough, left at room temperature 30 min.
thinly sliced provolone cheese
3-oz package oyster mushrooms, trimmed, separated, any large mushrooms torn
3-oz package baby shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
large shallot, sliced
Kosher salt and pepper
fresh ricotta cheese
grated lemon zest
grated pecorino Romano cheese, divided
to 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Chopped parsley, for serving
- Heat oven to 475°F. Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal.
- On lightly floured surface, shape pizza dough into 14-inch circle or oval. Place on prepared sheet and arrange provolone on top.
- In large bowl, toss mushrooms and shallot with oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, then fold in thyme. Arrange on top of provolone.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta, lemon zest, 1/3 cup pecorino, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dollop small spoonfuls over top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and remaining pecorino and bake until crust is golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): About 595 calories, 27 g fat (11.5 g saturated), 25 g protein, 1,715 mg sodium, 60 g carb, 4 g fiber
Did you make this recipe? Comment below!